Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Food Adventure | La Vie En Rose Sweets

So yesterday, my sissy Wina and I satiated our craving for sweets with an order of French Macarons from La Vie En Rose Sweets. She picked them up in the morning and we snacked on them (along with my darling Presley of course) after lunch. :) Thank you again to Cara Funk for these! I enjoyed them thoroughly!

Product: La Vie En Rose Sweets | French Macarons
Contact Details: Cara & Rosenne Funk | 09052048031 | carazfunk@yahoo.com
Price Range: P30-P35/piece
Over-all Rating: 4.5/5 Stars

 The packaging was adorable and is stored really easily too! Another great thing about these sweets is whether or not you put them in the refrigerator, they still keep fresh!


 We ordered around three pieces of the following flavors:
Blueberry Cheesecake
Strawberry & White Chocolate (Plain)
Strawberry & White Chocolate (w/ candied rose + pearls)
Choco Hazelnut
 Of all the French Macarons I've tried (I've had those served at Bizu and those at Cafe France) these are the only ones where I could taste the coconut-y goodness without it being overpowered (yes Macarons and relatives of Macaroons). 

1.) Hands-down, my favorite was the Blueberry Cheesecake--I loved how you could really taste the creamcheese and the blueberry taste wasn't overpowering. I also loved that it wasn't too sweet. I'd definitely give this 5 stars.

2.-3.) Strawberry & White Chocolate (Plain) was my second-favorite. Although this is essentially the same as the Strawberry & White Chocolate (with candied rose and pearls) I enjoyed this more because I'm not particularly a fan of the candied flowers (Presley loved them though, as you'll see in the photo below). Wina loved these the most. The thing I loved about this was that it was just sweet enough and was just the right mix of fruity and chocolate-y. I'd give the plain variety 4.5 stars and the candied variety 4 stars.

4/) Choco Hazelnut had to be my least favorite. While I love Nutella, I'm not a huge fan of Nutella on something chocolate. I like Nutella on waffles or on bread but on something chocolate, it can be a little bit overwhelming. I think that kids'd love this though because it's very sweet. While it isn't something I'd crave for or snack on, I'd still recommend this for all my fellow-mommies who'd like to give their kiddos a treat. I'd give this 3.5 stars.

Presley took her eating very seriously and just about munched off the flowers on two of the candied flower macarons we ordered. :))

All-in-all I'd definitely recommend you go order these! :) They're way more affordable than other French Macarons (they're around P38/piece at Bizu and P36/piece at Cafe France) and are (in my opinion) was more delicious. These are perfect for tea parties, birthday celebrations or just something to store around the house for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment